Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Wayne's Rawland Sogn Build-up Update

The frameset arrived today! I have been collecting parts all week. See below for my google docs spreadsheet.


I haven't built with STI brifters for a while and forgot about the restrictions they impose--front derailleur needs to be shimano road derailleur for the indexing to work well with Shimano cranksets. I got a pair of Shimano FC B124 110/74 BCD crankset, which were made between 86' and 88'. Hopefully this combination--9-speed brifters, 9-speed road front derailleur, 9-speed chain, and old shimano compact crankset--would work.

You can see from the screenshot where I get the parts from--some from my parts bin, some from eBay and Craigslist, and some from my friends. I also bought a few items from Rivendell and a couple of online bike shops. There are also a few items I will buy from my local bike shops.


I still need to finish tensioning and truing the front wheel I laced up over the weekend. It should be a fun build!

In the meantime, let's stare at the pictures of the frameset


No comments: