Monday, January 9, 2012

Creating a new permanent route


View Talmage to SF 200k in a larger map


I work in Talmage, just outside of Ukiah in Mendocino County, about 2-3 days a week. I have ridden up there on many occasions--at least once a year on the Buddhist Bicycle Pilgrimage, and on a couple of occasions by myself. I thought why not create a RUSA permanent so that when I ride it I can get RUSA credit for it--perhaps even getting a R12 by riding the route at least once a month. I have also ridden up from the Bay Area on different routes, so I was playing around with the map for a while. This route is perhaps the shortest way to do it and still fit it into a 200k. Currently as it stands from Talmage Store to Mason and Helleck in the Marina in San Francisco it's 125 miles, pretty close to 200km. The next step is to find suitable controls along the route. I will probably ride the route myself to tweak it.

No comments: